Sunday, July 9, 2017

Short But Sweet










I wanted to go out photographing and I wanted to go hiking with Hazel dog. She is such a good dog that I can combine my two loves! Any time I stop to photograph something she just lays down and waits for me.....so damn cute! I don't have to tell her to lay down or sit, she just does it......

I decided to get out as early as possible because it was supposed to be around 96' today. So the earlier we got out, the cooler it would be. We got to the boulder valley ranch loop at 5:30am...early!

I heard the yellow breasted chat, the bullock's orioles and the chickadees singing but they were all in the the thick brush along the trail.

Finally I spotted this young eastern kingbird.....




some beautiful flowers....



Hazel and I headed down to the pond for some swimming and then doubled back up the hill.
Yes! I spotted one of the western kingbirds flying away from their nest. I never would have seen that nest as it is tucked in nicely.




The kingbird that was on the nest flew off and came back with breakfast...yum! Mom/dad fed the youngsters in the nest. They were too small for me to see them so I'll be back soon to check on them.





We were almost back to the trailhead and finally a bullock's oriole posed for me......



And this house finch was enjoying some breakfast too!




Hazel and I had a fun time. She got to go swimming and I got to do a bit of photographing. We were home by 8am for breakfast, coffee and to watch the tour de France!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment