Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Eagles, More Eagles and a Few Other Birds



Time sure flies when you're having fun, huh? It's been about 7 months since I did a photo blog. Working part time and hiking with Hazel dog have taken up most of my time. I'm not complaining as life is very good! I have taken my camera on occasion when Hazel and I go hiking but I didn't get enough pics to do a blog. So I consciously took a break from photographing wildlife and had a very fun summer into fall into winter!

I looked at my schedule for this week and today( Wednesday) looked like a great day to go to Barr Lake and say hi to the eagles. They are around in the summer but the wintertime is the best time to see them. So I got Hazel and the kitties taken care of and headed out with coffee in hand to see what the day would bring!

I was on the trail less than 5 minutes when I spotted this eagle........





I walked past the owl nest box and saw this eagle flying by......


This is the sweet view of the rockies!




I saw a few blue jays before getting this pic. This one was imitating the call of  
a red tail hawk! I kept looking to see where the hawk was before realizing this guy was doing it!!! Hilarious!



Who doesn't think chickadees are the cutest!




I headed towards the gazebo and spotted this eagle along the way.




From the gazebo you can see the eagle nest that has been occupied for many, many years!






These eagles were in the tree along the boardwalk to the gazebo....








I hung out at the gazebo for quite awhile enjoying the show!

Canada geese were everywhere...




There were dozens of common mergansers......



And even a few pelicans......



Ring-necked ducks flew by....





Mallards.....



And northern pintails......


 There were at least a dozen more eagles sitting out on the ice but they were too far away for a decent pic. So I headed back and found this cute squirrel......



Barr Lake has a beautiful nature center and quite a few bird feeders. So I went to check out who was there.

This kestrel was enjoying the sunny day!



And the juncos were having breakfast...





The squirrel was enjoying breakfast too....


 I had spent about 3 hours at Barr Lake, so it was time to head home.

I was on 63rd St just before Nelson road and spotted this red tail. So I pulled a quick 
U turn and was able to get some nice pics!







Well, it was a very fun morning! Enjoying Nature on a beautiful day in Colorado is priceless!
Thanks for reading! And feel free to share with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment