Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mom's Day




It was a busy week and we also lots of rain this past week. So finally I made it over to see my owl friends Saturday evening. It took a few minutes but we finally spotted Cher enjoying the last bit of sunshine.






Then we started looking for the kids and soon found all three close by. These two were hanging out together and posing for me.



As I was losing the light, I grabbed a few more pics of Cher. Just as it got dark, she flew off and landed in a nearby tree. Sonny was also nearby hooting away but Cher never answered him. We were hoping to see the kids get dinner but no luck......so finally headed home after wishing Cher a happy mom's day.




This morning I promised Hazel a fun hike as all the rain the past week put a damper on our daily hikes. So we headed to the Boulder Valley Ranch loop. We hadn't been there in months and of course I brought my camera just in case. There were lots of western kingbirds, bullock's orioles and yellow breasted chats. But only this kingbird posed for me. Everyone else was very busy.




As we were headed down to the pond, I spotted this red tail perched on a fence post. I didn't want Hazel to spook him, so I put her in down/stay and slowly approached the hawk. I quickly realizedhe/she had just caught some breakfast. So I got some nice pics before the hawk left to enjoy breakfast in peace.






A pretty fun weekend for sure! Happy Mom's day to everyone and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment