Friday, April 20, 2018

Checking on My Owl Friends



        I've been pretty busy lately, so I haven't made time to go visit my owl friends. 
Yesterday I got all my errands done and realized I had time to go visit them. So I 
headed down about 5:30pm hoping to get some fun pics. The clouds were coming
 in fast which could make getting some pics challenging. But either way I was excited 
to see what was going on.

I was hoping there wouldn't be too many photographers and my wish was granted! There were only about 5-6 of them...sweet! 


I spotted Cher right away sitting just to the left of the nest.....




There are two owlets but only one was visible.....



After a few minutes, the owlet woke up so I could get some fun pics!




Cher started getting ready for a busy night of hunting. And Sonny was across the path perched in a big clump of branches. He was also getting ready for a busy night.....



As it started to get dark, all the other photographers left. While I like to get photos, I also enjoy just watching the owls go about their business. Seeing them fly off and return with a rabbit, meadow voles or other dinner items for the owlets is always a treat to observe!
I said for a bit but all was quiet. The owlets were still snoozing, so Sonny and Cher were in no hurry to get dinner. Finally, it was time for my dinner, so I headed home after a fun evening!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment