Monday, January 1, 2018

2017- the year in review




Happy New Year! I have had a long standing tradition of hiking with my dog on new years day. It started with Molly dog and now with Hazel dog. Then when I got into doing wildlife photography, I included that in my new years tradition. 

Originally, I was going to look for the snowy owl that had been hanging around Standley lake. But after checking the birding websites last night, it looked like no one had seen him in a day or two. So plan B was to go to Walden ponds this morning and do some photographing.
When I got up this morning, it was very cloudy which is not good for photographing wildlife. So on to plan C.......take Hazel for a new years day hike and bring my camera just in case I see something.

We headed over to Boulder Valley Ranch and were the first ones there! It was a balmy 12' as we set out to celebrate the new year! The hike was very fun but there was no wildlife to be seen except for a couple of magpies. Even the prairie dogs were still snoozing. I did want to do a new years day post and an idea came to me to do a year in review! So we headed home and after some coffee, I went through my 2017 posts and chose a variety of photos
to share. 2017 was a good year and I am looking forward to 2018 being a great year!

Enjoy the photos and thanks for reading my blog! Much appreciated!

Happy New Year!

















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment